About Dr. Swami Dass Mehta
Dr. Swami Dass Mehta, MBBS, MD(Dermatology, Venereology, Leprosy), FMSA, FADD, is the Director & Consultant Dermatologist at Dr. Mehta’s Skin Care Clinic, Chandigarh. Prior to that, he was associated with some of the best medical Institutes of Territory viz., Government Medical College & Hospital, Sec 32, Chandigarh, Government Multi- Speciality Hospital, Sec 16, Chandigarh & Government Poly Clinic, Sec 22 , Chandigarh.
After achieving his undergraduate degree, Dr. Mehta went on to accomplish his post graduation (MD) in Dermatology, Venereology, Leprosy. Besides this, he attained Fellowship of International Medical Sciences Academy (FMSA) & Fellowship of American Academy of Dermatology (FAAD).
His expertise areas include:
- Children Skin Diseases
- Treating skin conditions such as acne, dandruff, athlete's foot, moles, psoriasis, and skin cancer
- Pigmented lesions such as common acquired nevi, congenital nevi, dysplastic nevi, Spitz nevi, blue nevi, and melanoma
To his credits, he was:
- The first State Leprosy Officer of State Health Society – National Leprosy Eradication Programme in U.T. Chandigarh
- The first Programme Officer of Sexually Transmitted Diseases Clinic, GMSH - 16 in Chandigarh
- The first Medical Officer to open a Dermato Surgery Clinic in GMCH, Sector – 32, Chandigarh & was the Founder Head (HOD) of the Department of Dermatology, GMCH, Sector – 32, Chandigarh.
Besides this, Dr. Mehta has been honoured with various awards viz.
- "State Award" & "Commendation Certificate" awarded by honorable Justice (Retd.), the Governor-cum-Administrator, Chandigarh on the occasion of Independence Day, 2004
- "State Award" & "Commendation Certificate" by Advisor to Administrator, Chandigarh on the occasion of Independence, 1993 in the field of Treatment of leprosy patients.
- Earned Letter of appreciation from Dr. J.S. Ratra, Regional Consultant, National Leprosy Eradication Programme, GOI, Ministry of Health & Family Welfare for the Best work in leprosy in whole of North India comprising States of J&K, Punjab, Himachal Pradesh, Haryana and Chandigarh.
Dr. Mehta has contributed more than 50 research publications in various peer- reviewed national and international journals.
- The founder president of Chandigarh Dermatological Society.
- MD - Dermatology
- Venereology and Leprosy
Facial & Face Rejuvenation
Laser Skin Treatment